Our research is focused on the molecular mechanisms
underlying plant-pathogen interaction, specifically on the
grapevine-Plasmopara viticola pathosystem.
As a systems biology lab, our research activities embrace several areas of the scientific knowledge. We aim to characterise and model the regulatory networks involved in plant immune priming events and activation of defense mechanisms.
Within our research lines we are interested in:
- Identifying key players (genes, proteins, small molecules) of the resistance network activation
- Characterising proteases associated to pathogen recognition and immune priming
- Identifying lipid-associated events underlying resistance traits
- Identifying constitutive traits that discriminate tolerance/susceptibility
- Defining terroir associated microbiome
Please contact us if you are interested to join or collaborate!
Grapevine Pathogen Systems Lab
Plant Functional Genomics Group
BioISI – BioSystems and Integrative Sciences Institute
Faculty of Sciences, University of Lisbon
Campo Grande 16, 1749-016 Lisbon, Portugal
|Follow us on social media!|